Monday, December 21, 2009

Gone Fishing

Quiet a bit of backlog so I'll try my best to post them as soon. Have been busy with your Christmas orders which is of course a GREAT thing!

I received an email detailing a client's father favorite things to help inspire me for a piece for his upcoming 55th birthday celebration. This is what i came up with.


Daddy on a fishing trip


It was a real challenge for me as I mulled over the days to come up with a design theme but of all the list of things she have, the word "fishing" somehow beckons. I drew up a sketch and then, I sweat a little... coz I have never ever done a figurine before! Sleeves rolled up, fondant ready and with the sketch in front of me, I set to work. This, ladies and gentleman is the result.



Cupcakes elevated for the pier and Daddy to fish



Up close

I've also tried a few new things, beside doing the marbling effect to represent the sea and waves, it was also the first time I've tried doing the wood effect on a piece of fondant for the planks and pier.



I've added a fishing boat and of course, whats a fishing trip without the esky, beer and his ciggy to wait for the big catch.


The necessary fishing "equipment" 

I've added a dolphin trying to attached the fishing hook to the message and bringing treasures from the sea too




Dolphin carrying the message and treasures from the sea

Overall I was extremely grateful for the challenge and opportunity. All these cupcakes sits atop a coffee and walnut cupcake with coffee cream cheese frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 2.5 Malaysia License.